Legal Officer’s Profile and types services.
- Render legal services to various sectors in the Dzongkhag with respect to questions, regulations, practices, or other issues falling within legal domain on the instruction of the Dzongdag;
- Assist the Dzongkhag administration to draft delegated legislations or by-laws;
- Advise Dzongkhag administration, Dzongkhag Tshogdu, Gewog Tshogde, and other government offices on legal matters on the instruction of the Dzongdag;
- Disseminate information on laws to Dzongkhag to create legal awareness in consultation with or on advice of Dzongdag or the Office of the Attorney General;
- Appear before the courts for civil litigation on behalf of the Dzongkhag administration or the OAG;
- Be a legal advisor to the investigation team or committee as may be necessary;
- Compile laws;
- Represent the Dzongkhag administration at meetings including workshops, conferences, and seminars relating to legal matters;
- Perform election duties as a member to election dispute settlement body; and perform any other official tasks assigned by supervisors.